What and When was your best Christmas Present ..EVER ?
Best present ever was the Christmas, long time ago, when my then-girlfriend came to visit my family during Christmas Eve at the very last minute. Unplanned but a great time we had in family.... under the tree was also a brand-new P2K 0-8-0, the very year they where released (ahha! I bet some people herre could pinpoint the year!).

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/

Always liked this pic ...no I didn't get a Schwinn , got another brand , but it was exciting !!

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
tetters Wrote:I tagged along while my mom went shopping at the local Consumer's Distributing (anyone remember those?).

Yup, I remember those. Icon_lol
That light at the end of the Tunnel isn't heaven.........ITS A TRAIN!

My Railpictures.net Pictures
My Ramblings and Pictures
That's a great Image T! Really captures the childhood excitement of receiving such a cool gift!
Consumers Distributing ...when did they fold ? I used to go into the Kitchener - Waterloo store a lot when I lived there in the 70's-80's . Then we'd eat at Mothers Pizza ( gone )

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
My best Christmas present wasn't material...

Gieblestadt Army Airfield, Germany December 1983.
I had taken another guy in my unit, guard duty on Christmas Eve so he could spend the night with his family, who was in country with him. He had a six year old daughter, and their tradition was to celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. I was single and living in the barracks, and the only plans I had were to call home. Well, to make a long story short, while I was on the airfield pulling my two hours, the Sargent of the Guard came driving up half way through my shift. In the Jeep he had the guy who's guard duty I had taken, his wife and their little girl. They brought me a plate of dinner and a thermos of hot chocolate. After I ate the dinner and they were getting ready to leave, the little gave me a hug and thanked me for letting her father be home for Christmas.

Best Christmas present I ever had, before or since.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Now THAT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Was a great one!!!!!

I agree - "Best" Present ever!!!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???