What's your excuse for not going into our Chat room?
"by MountainMan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:18 pm
Nothing substantive is being discussed."

That also can be true. Wink Smile
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Even with that, there are occasional misunderstandings of what I meant, because of the words I chose, and/or the absence of "vocal expression" to color in the complete intention of the comment.
I do however use Skype because there is the video connection and I don't have to type. For the same reason I can't understand texting on a cell phone.
I have no problems with using a forum or email, but I have better things to do than sit around telling folks via texts how much air I am breathing in. I don't want people texting me. If you have something you would like to tell me, email me, or call me. We had a young girl killed on the road in front of our house. The girl that hit her car head on was texting. She had been in a wreck 3 weeks earlier caused by her texting. This time a child lost a mother, and this girl goes to prison for a maximum of 6 months. (life is cheap here).
We have become too reliant on cell phones. I have one and I use it for traveling and long distance. I never have used all my minutes but I think it is worth the monthly fee because of its flexibility. I even belong to the AAA so if I need a tire changed guess who will do it. Goldth
Pete you don't har to worry about speed or misunderstanding
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
I remember on "old blue" when chat was busy every night starting around 9:30 most nights..

We had a lot of fun back then.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
I can not typr fast enough or even spell well enough, and mostly have been too busy to be on 3 forums and chat 35 Icon_lol I do not go to CTT or OGR forums but still read the magazines.
Nobody is in there during the day when I'm on the computer.
The bottom line is that YOU HAVE TO SIGN IN.

I strongly suspect that a lot of you all see "Chat [0]" amd sit there like "oh, no one is online". Half the time, when I sign in randomly and just wait, a person is along in a few minutes. the moment 2 or more people are in the room, suddenly people shuffle in.

The worst case scenario is that no one shows up, you sign off after you're done making your posts, and thats it. Atleast if you sign on, people know you're there.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]