59th and Rust
Awesome layout ! Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
It is a great little layout with awesome details. I am glad you joined big blue Thumbsup
Reinhard
I really like that wall plastered with signs....

I ran across them at some website and was going to print them out, but thought they looked a little too "urbantine" (is that a word..??) for my barren-hills layout. Turns out I was right....

They look perfect on that wall..!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Cheers for all the nice comments,i'm glad you all like it.

Just got back from a 3 day exhibition helping my good buddy Jon Grant with Sweethome Alabama,I got some more goodies to add to the layout,once there weathered.

He's a few photo's of some of the railroads i can run the layout with.

Will try and sort some more photo's if you want them.

Ray
What is that load on the heavy-duty flat in the last photo?
JWB
It's a boiler,there is a industrial boiler maker up the spur which ships there boilers by rail.the cars are Bachmann with my own craddle fixed on top,i have a empty one and one with a boiler on,these run as a extra with flats either end.

Ray
That's terrific! Very interesting looking load. Thumbsup

By the way, I enjoyed the tour of Northeastern locomotives above. I know you featured a PC unit earlier. Smile
long island jack Wrote:Here's a few photo's of some of the railroads i can run the layout with. Ray

in reference to image d3.jpg ;
Not being able to see the smaller detail, or read the road number ( assumed 439 ), I'm guessing that switcher is a Class AS-10m, Alco-GE S2, and was the former D&H #3025that the LIRR acquired in 1964. Nicely done paint on both the loco, and the caboose. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wink can't help it, I remember steam on the LIRR, and I might have even seen the 439 in Jamaica, on one of my trips home from Norfolk, Va. in my Navy days ( 1961-1983 ).
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Pete
Sorry to disappoint you, but it's a Atlas S1 #420,and the caboose is Atlas trainman in LIRR orange with a bit of weathering.

Ray
Ray, where did the boiler come from?
Love the dilapidated look!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
JWB
I used to of these boilers glued together
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=594">http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ ... ductId=594</a><!-- m -->

Ray
long island jack Wrote:Pete
Sorry to disappoint you, but it's a Atlas S1 #420,and the caboose is Atlas trainman in LIRR orange with a bit of weathering.
Ray

Not the least bit disappointed. The #420, is a LIRR class AS-6. The Alco-GE S-1, and S-2 are similar enough to be confused with each other.

I'll have to look for that Atlas trainman caboose. I could use a couple of those.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I some how missed this thread,,, and I'm liking it a lot. Great work, hope to see more soon. Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Managed to get some of my goodies weathered and displayed on the layout,these were provided by my good friend Shortliner Cheers still a few to do,but here's a few photo's to keep you going.

the last one for now is a thank you to Jack Worship

Also got some cats and dogs to fix on,will take some photo's when done.

Ray