59th and Rust
Hi, I'm Charlie, and I am totally confused. Icon_lol
Charlie
Steamtrains Wrote:but what's the jogger doing inside the DH boxcar..?? Goldth

If you look closely, you'll see that the "jogger" is on the other side of the boxcar, running away from it.

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted put a spray paint can in his hand, and he becomes a "fleeing tagger" Big Grin Big Grin

:o someone is in for seven years bad luck for cracking that mirror ! Big Grin Big Grin Thumbsup Thumbsup
Love the attention to the "usually overlooked" small details that make a scene look so real. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

(( Don't "overlook" the dog droppings - - - - you might just step in them Icon_twisted 357 ))
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hi everyone

I've been adding background sounds to the layout,speakers are hidden in the roof and i'm using a old sony disc player.

first,you have the main background noises, city hum,emergency vehicles,car horns,people talking.

then,subway train passing in the distance,horns from the ferrys on the river,birds

then more specific sound for areas of the layout, dogs barking(at the mirror),hammering(fixing the fence), laughing (ladies of the night) electric hoist (team track)sound of boxes being moved(3 crowns)

Unfortunately i can't seem to add it to this forum ,but if you go to the forum below(near the bottom of page 14) you can here the unfinished clip

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/49160-59th-and-rust-was-new-layout/page-14">http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... ut/page-14</a><!-- m -->

I,ve still a bit of fine tuning to do,but it's looking promising.

Ray
Hi all
It's been a while since i've been on here,lots to catch up on(been busy at work and all that).

59th and Rust had it's first exhibition at the beginning of the month,everything went ok, and I recived some rather flattering complements,there was a couple of small jobs to do,taller legs(now done),wiring to alter for smaller fiddle yard,but the main job is to change all the point motors,the noise wasn't so noticeable before i added the background sound,but when you have the sound switched on, it really makes the thud of the peco motors stand out,so these are all being taken out and servos will take there place before the next exhibition (October).

Ray
Managed to get the NH RS1 i've been looking for,took a few photo's of it on the layout.

Arriving with a short freight

Picking up boxcar at Goldburger doll

switching Tino Tools

Heading up the branch to AG concrete

Hope you enjoy them
Ray
That rusty old girls fits your layout perfect!
Reinhard
Hey Ray, Reinhard is right - that one really fits in there - nice job!
Hello Ray!
When looking to your last photos i can imagine every throb of the ALCo 539T engine reflected and amplified by the brick walls ...

Thumbsup

Lutz
Totally agree with everyone that the RS1 looks great on your layout!
Added the final small detail to the layout,birds these go with the matching sounds(seagulls,crows,doves/pigeons) on the background sound i added to the layout.

Also i have the sound of a hotdog vendor shouting"get your hot dogs here" couldn't find a ho scale one so cobbled one up from plasticard and a preiser ice seller(#10169) made the umberella out of paper,not the best ,but it looks the part .

Ray
Wow the birds are great! I like the hot dog cart a lot. The Pepsi sign is the only detail that detracts a bit but otherwise its very cool!
Very nicely done ....the whole scene has a nice "feel" to it . Thumbsup

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Here's some more of the birds(wouldn't up load last time)i've a total of 33 birds on the layout now,half of them you can hardly see,untill there pointed out.

crows flying past tino tool

doves looking for food

Also in the area are a few birds of prey

Hawk keeping the rats population down

another one swooping down

The more i looked at the hotdog vendor, the more Ralph was right the pepsi sign had to go

Ray
Your details are wonderful!
Reinhard
Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup Worship
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N