Are you addicted to your cell phone
Heck , I still use fingers and toes ..... Icon_lol
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I would like to use my fingers and toes, but nobody ever told me how many I had. I know piggies going to market, but that only covers one foot. ????

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
I'm not addicted. Friends always ask if I got their text "last night". I have to keep reminding them that I don't have my phone on me 24/7, like they do.

I also asked people on break at work(kind of a social experiment) If they could live without their phones for an hour. They all said "Sure I can live without it." When I said "hand it over", they all said "Are you nuts!"
Point made.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I know I can live without my phone for hours, sometimes I lose it for days Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Just a few things I find we can live without:
  • Facebook,
    Twitter,
    Linkdin,
    YouTube,
    Premium movie channels,
    Skype,
    Windows 8,
    Everything that someone comes to the door to sell us,
    and oh yeah,... a cell phone, even ones that aren't so smart.
A few things that I might find somewhat addictive and hard to do without:
  • Satellite TV,
    High speed internet access,
    Windows XP and/or Windows 7,
    A running vehicle, especially my truck,
    My N scale layout,
    Big Blue train forums,
    Email,
    Walmart,
    Target shooting in the desert,
    My wife,
    and a landline home phone with voice messaging.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don - interesting you should mention Facebook. My wife mentioned a few days ago that this is our version of Facebook. Just my wife's 2ยข.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Notice how Don has his wife listed 10th Eek ......WHOOOOPS !! ....May I suggest #1 Goldth

T ( Happy Wife , Happy Life Cheers )
teejay Wrote:Notice how Don has his wife listed 10th Eek ......WHOOOOPS !! ....May I suggest #1 Goldth

T ( Happy Wife , Happy Life Cheers )

Hey, that could have been an afterthought, but these lists are in no particular order seeing as how I can do without the entire first list, and think I need everything on the second Icon_lol ..... wow, that got me out of extreme hot water, didn't it? Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
"wow, that got me out of extreme hot water, didn't it?"

Probably not, but good try ! You should be O.K. as long as your wife doesn't see it.

Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:"wow, that got me out of extreme hot water, didn't it?"

Probably not, but good try ! You should be O.K. as long as your wife doesn't see it.

Icon_lol

Safe for now anyway......Remember, they say that love is blind, so I think that she would just be pleased to be on the list. Icon_lol

Did I just dig the hole a bit deeper? 35 35

Boy, am I glad she stays away from the Net.. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
My son & I plus 3 of our cousins have booked a canoe trip in Algonquin Park (in northern Ontario) for a weekend in July. It will be very interesting going without my iPhone for 3 days, as there will definitely be no internet or WIFI in the back country. It will also be interesting to see how my 10-year-old son copes without any gadgets!
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->
It's really scary. My wife and I will go out and see couples not talking to each other and glued to their cell phones. My wife and I have more interesting lives by our work and by always going out, yet we don't feel the need to twitter. I've found that Twitterers have horrible social/verbal skills.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
It'll be very interesting when some of today's teens and pre-teens hit the job market and find that a written report, proposal or other document will not use today's texting and twitter shorthand. I don't indulge and don't have young kids to worry about anymore, but I was watching something on TV the other day, and some of these abbreviations make your hair stand straight out. Eek I can just see one of these young adults trying to fill out a job application or writing a resume...There are certain protocols in the business world that do not change, regardless of how into one is into Facebook, texting, twitter, body piercing or tattooing. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Nice " dancing " on the wife issue Don . Goldth I'm sure she's #1 in your heart just like mine is 357

There , I think we're safe !

T
teejay Wrote:Nice " dancing " on the wife issue Don . Goldth I'm sure she's #1 in your heart just like mine is 357

There , I think we're safe !

T

No doubt about that, we're just a few days away from our 53rd anniversary so I must be doing something right. 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and