Are you addicted to your cell phone
Gee , even my 2 don't add up to 53 ! Eek Congrats !
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Gee , even my 2 don't add up to 53 ! Eek Congrats !

Thanks. If we had cell phones back then, we'd probably still be texting each other about getting married. Back then there was no such thing as "co-habitation", or at least it wasn't an acceptable practice. Yup 53 years is a long time, but you get use to it after a while. 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Man, I just had my 7-11 year. we're married 7 years, but together. We celebrated with a Slurpee (not).

I still have no idea what she sees in me.

Congrats Don!!!
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:

Man, I just had my 7-11 year. we're married 7 years, but together. We celebrated with a Slurpee (not).

I still have no idea what she sees in me.

Congrats Don!!!

Thanks Mike. Just for the record though, our "kids" are now as old as we were when we started feeling old... Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
What's scary is that I'm 47 years old and ny 93 year old neighbor has more get up and go that me.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Tomorrow, June 1, my wife and I celebrate 61 years togther. I don't understand what she ever saw in me, but then if I understood women............Egads, I don't want to even think about that. Wallbang Wallbang

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
yellowlynn Wrote:Tomorrow, June 1, my wife and I celebrate 61 years togther. I don't understand what she ever saw in me, but then if I understood women............Egads, I don't want to even think about that. Wallbang Wallbang

Lynn

Wow, congratulations Lynn. 2285_ 2285_ We all wonder that, and no, we won't ever fully understand them, but we do just enough to keep things going and keep out of trouble... most of the time. Icon_lol

Just think back then Lynn, I'm sure you remember when you wanted to call home on the road you had to stop at a gas station and use a pay phone. If you wanted to "text" someone, you wrote them a letter and they got it a few days later. If you wanted to "chat" with someone, you hung over the fence with a neighbor or went to the local bar. Needed directions? You looked at a map, and if you still didn't know where you were, you had to ask someone local. Remember, all TV was in black and white and if you weren't there to see a show, tough luck, you missed it. My, my, how things have changed. I'm not saying that this is bad, but it is a radical difference than today's world and not everyone is aware of these changes. I was reading a computer "help" column and the question was, "what kind of tablet should I get for my kindergartener?" What the!!! Eek I was about fifty before I got my first 286 with 640K of memory and a 20mb hard drive. Today we're talking mega power in a hand-held, making phone calls, texting, browsing the Internet, chatting, watching TV and finding you way around with built-in GPS. Yup, times have changed since we first got married, big time... 8-)
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
As a kindergadner I didn't need a tablet. In first grade I got a pencil tablet. I think it was 3rd or 4th grade before I needed a notebook that had paper for ink. Ballpoints came out when I was a HS Sr. Not only that, but there was not even a landline phone at home when I finished HS. Don, you're pretty close to me, but I don't believe these youngsters will ever understand. Nope Nope

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
yellowlynn Wrote:As a kindergadner I didn't need a tablet. In first grade I got a pencil tablet. I think it was 3rd or 4th grade before I needed a notebook that had paper for ink. Ballpoints came out when I was a HS Sr. Not only that, but there was not even a landline phone at home when I finished HS. Don, you're pretty close to me, but I don't believe these youngsters will ever understand. Nope Nope

Lynn

Here we are, a bunch of old farts reminiscing about how tough things were, no backspace key to erase your mistakes, not even White Out correction fluid if you were typing. Copies came off of a mimeograph and we listened to 12" LP records than might have eight or ten songs on it. All cars had stick shifts an you cooled off by opening the wing windows. I wonder what today's generation will reminisce about???? How long before today's techno-gadgets are just a memory, and the old folk talk about how hard life was back in the early 2000's with just a smart cell phone and cars you actually had to drive yourself?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Heck , I used ton walk 5 miles to school , uphill both ways Icon_lol

For me the solution has been simple ...Happy Wife , Happy Life pretty well sums it up . Thumbsup

T
You've got that right teejay. And not only uphill, but snow was 3 feet deep, both ways. :mrgreen:

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
Aww shucks, I had to row my boat five miles uphill both ways all the while the water was frozen. Misngth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
In Arizona ???? C'mon , ain't no BOATS in Arizona !!

Goldth
I had to row a boat 10 miles uphill through snow without oars in July! Wusses!!! And I had to go to Catholic School! I still can't look at penguins without shuddering.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

ezdays Wrote:
yellowlynn Wrote:Tomorrow, June 1, my wife and I celebrate 61 years togther. I don't understand what she ever saw in me, but then if I understood women............Egads, I don't want to even think about that. Wallbang Wallbang

Lynn

Wow, congratulations Lynn. 2285_ 2285_ We all wonder that, and no, we won't ever fully understand them, but we do just enough to keep things going and keep out of trouble... most of the time. Icon_lol

Just think back then Lynn, I'm sure you remember when you wanted to call home on the road you had to stop at a gas station and use a pay phone. If you wanted to "text" someone, you wrote them a letter and they got it a few days later. If you wanted to "chat" with someone, you hung over the fence with a neighbor or went to the local bar. Needed directions? You looked at a map, and if you still didn't know where you were, you had to ask someone local. Remember, all TV was in black and white and if you weren't there to see a show, tough luck, you missed it. My, my, how things have changed. I'm not saying that this is bad, but it is a radical difference than today's world and not everyone is aware of these changes. I was reading a computer "help" column and the question was, "what kind of tablet should I get for my kindergartener?" What the!!! Eek I was about fifty before I got my first 286 with 640K of memory and a 20mb hard drive. Today we're talking mega power in a hand-held, making phone calls, texting, browsing the Internet, chatting, watching TV and finding you way around with built-in GPS. Yup, times have changed since we first got married, big time... 8-)

Here's a blast from the past...a word processor. My friend Jon's mom had one. It was a typewriter with an LCD screen that could take in one line at a time. You hit enter and it typed your sentence out.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines