Alco mania
Steve, the item in question as shown on the 658 looks to be a cab vent. Detail Associates offers a very similar one, Walthers part no. 229-1901.
However, on the 5375, it certainly appears to be a red-lensed light. Details West offers a similar-looking Pyle Gyralight, Walthers part no. 235-115, but they also have an E- and F-unit back-up light which looks very close to the one in Charlie's photo. It's Walthers part no. 235-162. MV Products have red lenses to fit both types, but if you're planning to have working lights, you're on your own. Misngth

Wayne
The weather has improved so I spent the afternoon in the garage with the airbrush. I managed to get a few projects painted, among them was the LNE RS-2's. The CNJ unit will have to wait till I can get a new set of handrails, Atlas now longer has them listed in there parts catalog. These two are now ready for decals.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Put on the decals and gave 'em a light coat of weathering. I wanted to keep the weathering on the LNE units light, as the crews over in Pen Argyl kept the RS's fairly clean for the first eight to ten years of their service.

Here they are in front of my nearly completed Hercules Cement plant, that was originally served by the LNE.

Very nice locos! Thumbsup I'd like to see more of Hercules Cement too!
Ralph, you can check my new project thread, I have a bunch of "build" pics there. At this time it is about 80 % complete. The build thread is a little behind.
It starts at the end of this page. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=398&start=420">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=398&start=420</a><!-- l -->
Here is a sneak peek.

NICE!!! I haven't checked your other thread for a while. Excellent progress shots! The photo in this thread has a lot of character...great industrial scene! Thumbsup