Freelance 2013-3
That wall looks better now.
[Image: IMG_2838_zpsd6b09a7e.jpg]
Reinhard
Now that REALLY does look MUCH better, Reinhard = I think you have nailed that 100% Worship
Cheers You have made a fine job of that Reinhard, Thumbsup

And thanks for the link to Pits, that could prove useful in the future.

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Just one more awning. I love awnings!
[Image: IMG_2839_zps45db9f08.jpg]

We shall not forget the buildings north of the tracks.... Looks like the flat at the 3.rd level is still occupied.
The small building at the right is to close to the rim and gets knocked off the ground three times a day. I have to lean over the layout at that location to operate the electric shutters switch at the wall. May be I use that slot to test debris.
[Image: IMG_2840_zps98937003.jpg]
Reinhard
The only overview photo of Peter Feigenbaum's layout shows a Proto2000 KFC restaurant in the foreground. A quick google "KFC abounded" provides guidelines how to prepare the building. I refrained from more serious destruction of the kit as I intend to retain it for further layouts.
[Image: IMG_2850_zps9bff4f32.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2849_zps6489ff39.jpg]
Reinhard
It is kind off scary feeling about the abandoned Buildings and no people. I guess it is sort of a thing of the shape of things of today. Some parts and perhaps some people are needed anymore today. The KFC scene is superb, just like the over all effect of tagged down ruins of houses. Man I would not want to have to fix a flat tire there after dark....
You had me looking for abandoned KFC.s and I followed it up with abandonned Mcdonalds and this photo was kind of funny. Looks like godd ole Ronny had a too much chilly dip on the fries....

[Image: BYv4uB7IUAAk1b6.jpg:large]
The weekend provided the time to add some more of the tiny hardly visible details. e.g. got most of the white litter paper a little black wash. They were the most clean litter ever seen. Some grass made it's way into the cracks of the sidewalks etc. We are getting closer to completion of this part. Next and last planned addition will be more fire escapes. Four of them arrived today and are waiting to be assembled. They are all one element to short but I saw in photos they the lowest platform is often missing on abandoned buildings. That is the perfect explanation!
The number of cars on the streets is reduced because the buildings are abandoned, no residents, and there is only little through traffic (as Painkiller wrote, nobody wants to have a flat tire here).
[Image: IMG_2874_zps1393848f.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2873_zps4b15b332.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2872_zps171a7acb.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2871_zps9ce6616c.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2870_zpsa11f7e87.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2869_zps5c29f2d9.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2868_zpsfb4b9349.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2867_zps93956c80.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2866_zps9d3b50aa.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2865_zps53d846eb.jpg]

ps. The brick shop "Pit" I mentioned last week toke my order, processed PayPal and entered dormant state. No mail, no phone no way of contact and of course nothing shipped so far. Just in case you want to order bricks too.
Reinhard
Reinhard
Most abandoned cars in US are so stripped for parts there's nothing left but some of the body (damaged) & the frame w/ most doors, hood & trunk open (if not taken also).
Also these days fire hydrants are painted yellow not red & don't even have a sign or red curb to let people know they are really fire hydrants! Nice right?
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
Reinhard, you model "American ghetto" quite we'll. I especially like the abandoned KFC Thumbsup
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
Thanks for the friendly comments.

I remember we had a discussion about the color of fire hydrants when I started the Vernon layout. The outcome was that they have a lot of different paint schemes depending where (and when) they are found. This one is on Seward Ave NYC Bronx.
[Image: Bildschirmfoto2013-11-25um185417_zpsd4ddef7f.jpg]

The two cars are a quick and dirty solution. You are right. I will do more damage to them.
Reinhard
There are some hydrants here used by city & county public maintenance purposes but don't know much about that or even if they also use fire hydrants.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
I guess those hydrants are not on the top of the priority at the skidrow anymore. The borded up run down buildings gives the unpopulated streets a very eary feeling. Great modelling. BTW the midwest version has inspired me to get one of the Atlas GP38s in Iowa Interstate livery. it will give a little variation to the GP10.s I plan to get....
Painkiller Wrote:It is kind off scary feeling about the abandoned Buildings and no people. I guess it is sort of a thing of the shape of things of today. Some parts and perhaps some people are needed anymore today. The KFC scene is superb, just like the over all effect of tagged down ruins of houses. Man I would not want to have to fix a flat tire there after dark....

I've drove through areas like that in broad daylight and couldn't drive fast enough to leave that area..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Fire escapes are a nice and typical detail. The first one or two stairs have been removed by the land lords a long time ago.
[Image: IMG_2876_zpsb2509b19.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2875_zps90b0b7b5.jpg]
Reinhard