Alternate use for Red Wing Milling?
Breakfast cereal plant.
Pet food plant.
Fertilizer plant.
Paint factory.
Industrial glue and solvent factory.
etc., etc.

You could even have a rendering plant that receives carloads of animal fat trimmings to be rendered into glycerin for soaps, medicines and industrail uses.

If all else fails, brew some beer in it. Old Flatulence is a popular brand. Thumbsup
Thanks for your input MountainMan Thumbsup

I considered a brewery, but as I already have a distillery planned I felt that was enough alcoholic content for the line ... 'hic' Big Grin

Some sort of food production is favourite at the moment, flour and other undetermined items in by rail, local produce in by road, and finished product out bound by rail are my current thoughs.

More detailed inspiration may come as I build the plant.

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
If it's GERN, it's GOOD!
It could be used as a Soap Factory. It's a good match for Stahl Soap in Hoboken NJ. The company is now out of business, but I used to service the equipment there all the time. It will probably become condos or a parking deck soon.

[Image: stahl%20soap.JPG]
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I also recommend a food industry, for the reasons cited above. My entire 4x8 layout is built around a single food industry. Airslide Hoppers, insulated boxcars, tankers with vegetable oil and corn syrup, its all practical. In fact, you can get away with small cars like "beer can" 30' tankers for the corn syrup. Air slides come in similarly short versions.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
e-paw Wrote:It could be used as a Soap Factory. It's a good match for Stahl Soap in Hoboken NJ. The company is now out of business, but I used to service the equipment there all the time. It will probably become condos or a parking deck soon.

[Image: stahl%20soap.JPG]

The huge Gates Rubber complex in Denver is becoming offices and condos. A postcard from it's heyday:

[Image: Gates_zps03373262.jpg]

And today:
[Image: 1232960739_dcfd9f92b8_z_zps4b6724e3.jpg]

[Image: 20120821__GatesRubberp1_zps49db9bc3.jpg]