A word about Jeffrey...
Big time prayers for Jeffrey [RB]. Chilly here but warming fast. Got 4 Runner back on the road yesterday [new axle bearing]. County Commissioners and Mayors' Assoc. Christmas Party. Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Bad news...A stroke on top of his other ailments will make recovery a long road...
He's a fighter...Wish him the best.
Gus (LC&P).
The cs.trains.com forum informs that Jeffrey has passed away.
Rest in peace. You are a brave man. My respect how you handled your destiny.
Reinhard
Well, I can truthfully say that this was not completely unexpected.... Nope Wallbang Wallbang

Yet again; I have to post that we have lost another "Friend that we have never met face to face".

Running Bear was well respected here and I have a few HO trucks I purchased from him a few years ago, They will now sit on the same shelf as the Engine that Shamus sent me... If anyone is interested, here is a link to the thread that faraway mentioned above:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/238909.aspx?page=3#2701104">http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/238909. ... =3#2701104</a><!-- m -->

There is no question that he is now in a better place and all anyone has to do, to know that, is review his posts. He always had health problems dogging him and he seemed to be able to overcome all of them. R.I.P Running Bear!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
A sad day indeed.Jeffrey will be missed.
I'm deeply saddened to read this. I'm probably not the only person who took inspiration from him - in his strength to press on despite many obstacles, and his ability to keep a positive spirit and just get things done. So many times I would feel like I was in a rut modeling wise, overthinking some project, and I would see something that Jeff posted and think, "there's a guy who doesn't overthink - and just goes out and puts his creative energy into his trains." I'd then get inspired and pick up my materials and get to work...

I'll certainly miss Jeff. The online model railroad community will not be the same without him.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
While I'm not entirely surprised by the turn of events because of his host of health issues, I am deeply saddened. Jeffery was a great guy to talk to and dealt with life's setbacks through dignity and humor. I would talk to him every so often and was struck by his spirit to not let anything get him down in the true Cajun spirit that he held with pride. A very sad day indeed.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
" And God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son, so that who soever, shall believeth in Him, shall have everlasting life"

Jeffery, My prayers now are that your spiritual immortality has been restored, that your soul rests with the Lord, and you are reunited with the loved ones who went before you. Be at peace, good friend.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Again, I took this off of the MR forum, "Elliot's Diner":

Quote:"Jeffrey past away this morning on December 15, 2014. please light a candle for Jeffrey so he can have a light for his safe journey. If you want to send card or flowers you can send it ti this address 142 cableloop, Leesville, la 71446"

Thank you little sister

We are all shocked and saddened by this turn of events. Jeff was a unique person with more than his share of adversities and obstacles. He was admired by many for meeting them head on and still continuing to be involved in trains and computers. No one can dispute that. He will be missed here and on other forums.

Should anyone have more information, let us know since we are getting our information third hand.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Sad news indeed..He will be missed.

Rest well Jeff.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Our prayers and deepest sympathy to his family. He has suffered enough.

He had problems and was willing to talk about them but I don't recall him ever complaining about them.

He will be missed.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
More thoughts on RB -

I remember back when I was in graduate school unable to leave my house due to massive snowstorms, I would do google searches for model train information. I was then just discovering the wealth of information found in model train forums. The predecessor to this site was the first one I joined, and a big reason I went from lurker to participant was because of modelers like Jeff. I remember his posts about the derelict 0-6-0 by his enginehouse and thought of the two broken Bachmann 0-6-0s sitting in my junk box. At the time I would have never thought about turning a crappy old piece of junk into something useful for my layout! But here I am now, having a few old Bachmann and Life-Like trainset cars riding my rails. While Jeff may not have produced contest-quality models, I have a heck of a lot of admiration for him because he actually ran trains and had fun doing it and had fun with what he had to work with. Modelers like Jeff reminded us to have fun in this hobby first and foremost, and I think that attitude was very welcoming to the newcomers and old-timers alike.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Sad to hear that RB, has passed on.

He will be missed but not forgotten.

------------------------------------------------------

I have heard from doctors that diabetics usually pass on from strokes and heart problems. I am diabetic but have it controlled so far.

------------------------------------------------------
Ralph Wrote:He goes by "Running Bear" and posts frequently in the Hobo campfire thread.

Thanks Ralph, now I know who he is. So sorry to hear of his passing.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
FiatFan Wrote:Our prayers and deepest sympathy to his family. He has suffered enough.

He had problems and was willing to talk about them but I don't recall him ever complaining about them.

He will be missed.

Tom

You hit the essence of Jeff. We've all heard him complain about some family member and a few others that didn't do what he though they should, we've heard him complain about other material things, but never about his condition. He had more than his share of physical grief, but he did keep fighting. He even managed to shrug of those detractors that gave him a bad time. Yes, Jeff will be missed, he was a unique person and a lot of folks can learn from his perseverance. His attitude should give others cause to think about how to deal with their own problems.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD