UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thanks so much Charlie!! :mrgreen:

Well last night I was searching in a bunch of box's for my telephone poles, I just found the box of them about 3 months ago so I know I have them, but for the life of me I cant remember what box they are in Sad . Never did find the poles last night, I did how ever find a Con Cor 60' UP Boxcar kit that I haven't put together yet Eek , cripes, I forgot I even had it, just look at all the dust on the box....
[Image: DSCN1691_zpsmrqwnlif.jpg]

Well, NOT FINISHED WITH THIS AREA, but I have made some progress on it Big Grin , the pics below show about 13' of the 18' of this side of my layout...
[Image: DSCN1701_zps1hpcfwwi.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1719_zps3q8kpacn.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1718_zpsynr1vzyk.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1713_zps2srwuqlr.jpg]

Till next time folks, stay on track!
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
You're certainly not wasting any time, Deano. Things are really coming together nicely. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Hi Deano
I have to echo Drwaynes statement, and the work is very well done. Modeling open treefilled space is harder than one might think. The three bridges look really good. Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup
Charlie
Thanks so much for the very kind words Wayne and Charlie Big Grin

Charlie, you hit the nail on the head, you would think its easy to do a "woodsy" area, but its really quite hard to make look right, and not have to much stuff to hide the train completely, there is a fine line in doing it. I still need to put phone/power lines up, and brush, etc.

While having street running and such is awesome, most running is done out in the middle of no ware, and that's what I really wanted to depict on one of the four sides of my layout. A long lonely two lane highway is the only touch of civilization on this stretch of the layout besides the trains. Sure it really limits me on switching opportunities, but I still have three sides I can use to make up for it.

3 more shots before I finish this area off, hopefully by this weekend...[Image: DSCN1732_zpsflakwjlh.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1797_zpsxd9jxffj.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1810_zpsh4wy2nle.jpg]

Till next time, stay on track!
I was able to finish putting together my found Con-Cor 60' boxcar kit...
[Image: DSCN1869_zpsefg77neu.jpg]

I also finished the proto boxcar I painted and lettered...
[Image: DSCN1940_zpsxjqsykwa.jpg]

Actually, those two cars ARE NOT finished Nope , I went to weather them tonight and my dog gone air brush totally locked up on me, tore it apart, yes, its a goner Sad . Looks like my next investment will be a new airbrush, I have to admit my last one was a Paasche VL , and it lasted close to 15yrs, so I really cant complain.

A parting shot with the beloved CNW on the head end, till next time, Stay on track folks!
[Image: DSCN1897_zpsgbb7ktpq.jpg]
Deano, that is a nice job on the box car, but the water under it is perfect for a clear mountain runoff creek. Great modeling. Cheers
Charlie
Charlie's right, that's some good-looking water you've done. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Thanks for the very kind words Charlie & Wayne Big Grin

Since my basement has very poor ventilation I went this route with doing the water, I used Simplestyle water kit from Walmart, around $8.00, it had no bad smell, awesome! Sadly, it never dries tackless on top, so I decided to cover it with a coat of Mod Podge. That combo seems to be fine but I have no idea how long it will last while still looking good, time will tell. Wink
[Image: DSCN1959_zpsujbbcyxr.jpg]
Thanks for the information on the water. I still have some to do at the foot of my water falls and I think this is worth a try. Like yours, the resin I used for the river to my hydro plant did not set tack free so I painted it with clear. It took several coats. I have used this resin many times and never had this happen.
Charlie
Hi,

Great scenery and nice progress on your layout..... Thumbsup

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
Thanks Charlie & Chris! Big Grin

I am real excited to move on to the next section of the layout :mrgreen: , this section will have a forest in the back, and in the front will be "United Transfer" a truck to rail-rail to truck business. A Diner will also be in this section, and I am going to home make my own MODERN rail crossing signals, very similar to the BLMA signals, but much cheaper(not lighted) Wink . Anyways, big plans for this area, heres a "before shot" .....
[Image: DSCN2046_zps3ni7xyvj.jpg]

Till next time, stay on track!
Great.....I miss the diner....Where are the "after" pics (just funnin')
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Great.....I miss the diner....Where are the "after" pics (just funnin')
Charlie
Very sorry....Charlie, Misngth but I am working right to left, that puts United Transfer up first to get worked on Thumbsup . Here's a start to United Transfer, still a long way to go though.....
[Image: DSCN2083_zpsisjoknd2.jpg]

Tilll next time, Stay on track!
Getting better all the time---keep up the great work Deano Cheers
I envy your progress Cheers . I have hit a snag and can't work my way out of it yet.
Charlie