Frankenstein lease engine
That real loco is an embarrassment, you wouldn't want to draw that unit for lead unit duties.

Having said that I do like the idea to use the real loco as "inspiration" for a Big Blue "Fallen Flag" members tribute.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
I recognize many of the names, but I hadn't realized a few of them had passed on. Sounds like a good idea to me!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:I recognize many of the names, but I hadn't realized a few of them had passed on. Sounds like a good idea to me!
That's how I justified designing it.... Here is the link to the forum where we have some of each person's work:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=75">viewforum.php?f=75</a><!-- l -->
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I have one of Robin's locomotives and two of his cardstock buildings he made and named the industries after me (Catt).

Damn, I still miss that man. Sad
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt Wrote:I have one of Robin's locomotives and two of his cardstock buildings he made and named the industries after me (Catt).

Damn, I still miss that man. Sad
I still have the N gauge engine house he made.

Yup --- Him, shamus, and Jeffrey.... We had some great times! Now all we have are memories.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

So will this Frankenstein Diesel have a sound chip inside so that when it is started up the voice of Dr Frankenstein will yell;

"It's Alive, my Monster is ALIVE!!!!
35 Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol 35

Mark
Someone you care about maybe gone, but if you still think favourably of them from time to time, then they are not forgotten.
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Icon_lol

No, no sound.

I agree.... as long as you think of them from time to time, they still live on in memories Smile

I still have the 2 holes of the mini golf, the On30 engine and the trees from Shamus and I still have the HO truck from Jeffrey, and the Engine house and an NARA leased U25-B G scale engine from Robin (and Catt), so I guess I'm remembering them pretty well Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:Ok..... How does this sound???

If I can find an engine... The nose will be the Big Blue logo

The sides will have parts of the following logos:

Conrail or Penn Central - Chessie4155
Something to do with GERN - jmarksbery
Curtis Steel - Matthyro (Robin)
Lehigh Susquehanna & Western - P5se Camelback - Bil Marsland
Louisiana & Arkansas - Running Bear/Jeffrey Wimberly/Dr. Frank-n-Diesel
Coon Creek - Shamus - Paul Templer
Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha - "Omaha Road" - Stienjr
WT - WT fan
MBL - yellowlynn - Lynn Canfield

Have to see what I come up with in the drawings, but I'm guessing half on each side. That way. the loco will be a tribute to all the Big Blue "Fallen Flag members"....

Any ideas will be most welcome Big Grin Big Grin

I haven't been to any yard sales or flea markets that were selling trains Sad Here is what i designed for the side of an engine or other car:

Attached Files Image(s)

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75