The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, another hot day today, 106 in the forecast. "abundant sunshine" has turned into, "extreme heat alert".

Tom, our license plate problems here are there are too many different plates here in Arizona. Some years ago some slick salesman sold the state on the idea of changing from maroon and white, to a picture (like my avatar). That was fine until the same salesman told them that they can charge extra for personalized (like my avatar), and specific dedication. Any group can apply to have one and pay a fee to make it, like all our sports teams, colleges, various groups and causes. Again, they charge $25 a year, (add another $25 if you want it personalized),  for this and split that with the group, so the state and the group can both profit. That's a good thing I guess, but we now have close to 100 different plates and you can no longer ID some vehicles as being from Arizona just by looking at the plate. Some have pictures and logos on them, some are just a different color. I saw one the other day and it was just blue with white letters which could have been from any state or even country. Oh yeah, you can still keep your old plates and transfer them to a new vehicle, so we still have some maroon and while ones on the road. Confusing at best and defeats the reason we have license plates to begin with.

I guess that the older we get, the more little things in life bug you... Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-20-2018, 07:56 AM