The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Pennman,
         I am glad you are on the road to recovery. If any good comes of it it is quitting the smokes. I was a 3 pack a day guy and smoked for over 50 years. My wife was a smoker too. She quit cold turkey in 2007 and we had 10 cartons in the cupboard. I told her I would quit when those were gone. I took them to the office at the railroad and quit smoking in the house and car. If I had the urge for a cigarette I had to walk up and down a total of 86 steps. I made those cigarettes last a year. I smoked the last on Sept. 13, 2008.  My lungs have improved, my heart is good and I have built a nice train layout with the money We saved. The funny thing is I still like the smell of the smoke when some one is smoking but hate the stale smell when you go in a smoked in room. I still however will catch myself reaching for a cigarette in my shirt pocket now and again and think that if they were there I would light up before I realized it. 
       The only thing that hasn't improved after quitting is, dammit, I still get hurt doing stupid stuff.  I am just getting over 3 months of a bad back injury which required a lot of work from my chiropractor and some pain meds from my doctor, and I have no idea how I did it. 
        Anyhow, keep up the healing and I pray you have a complete recovery and buy something train related with the money you are saving.  Icon_e_biggrin

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 12-08-2018, 10:32 AM