The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

It's a balmy 81 degrees with a soggy 16% humidity in Las Vegas this morning.

It has been a spectacular trip so far. First stop was Monday with my niece and her family at Bailey Yard. It has to be seen to be believed. Very typical of the UP though. Bigger is better. Coming down the west side of the Rockies I was getting over 40 mpg according to my dashboard. Glenwood Canyon is also pretty spectacular but the pull offs the recommend for "scenic views" is somewhat lame. One Wed morning I toured the Colorado National Monument. Why there isn't a steady stream of traffic through there is beyond me. I was chatting with the (cute young) Park Ranger who said they were pretty much hidden in plain sight. Only 10 minutes from downtown Grand Junction. Yesterday morning I went through the Valley of Fire near Overton, NV. Very impressive. In the afternoon I toured Hoover Dam. Very crowded but worth the trip. This morning I'm headed to downtown Las Vegas to see their historic district. Then it's off to LA for the weekend.

Frank - thank your for thinking of me.

Don - I'll wave and maybe even holler to you.

All stay safe (and cool).

Tom (having the time of my life!)
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 07-19-2019, 08:52 AM