The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Afternoon.  60 and sunny.  Will paste.  Easier. 

Home. Got there around 11:15. Held up by a ranch style house moving down NC96. Folks were turning around. We waited it out as moving pretty good for a house. We were going to turn left one mile away and go around it. House turned left instead. Went on as planned.

Had my big plate of chicken pastry.  Jeanie makes the best. Then fried chicken, collards and butter beans. More fried chicken, boiled potatoes [in thin red sauce], bar-b-q and slaw. Lots of sweet ice tea. By the time we left, it was getting packed and no parking spaces. Folks parking on the streets. Jeanie would not come out and visit as she would tear up constantly. Larry was a little emotional but held it back. 50+ years. He told me he was calling me. One Sat. night soon, cooking trout fillets [he has caught in the last month], french fries and hush puppies. Wants me to come and eat. Free. Seems he has been "raking" in very nice trout lately.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by Chief Eagles - 02-02-2020, 01:27 PM