The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon, pleasant day, still a bit over 100, but that's about normal for here. Still lots of controversy about what should open and how crowded it should get. Most of the bars around Arizona State and the U of A are violating the rules with packed houses. I've talked about Brenda's Kitchen, a very small place where seniors go to eat in a remote part of the area. Brenda decided there wasn't room for the regulars if she had to block off half of her 8 booths, 6 tables and small counter, so she didn't. It worked fine, all the regulars came, socialized, ate and left without a hitch. No one crowded anyone, you sat close to someone if that's what you wanted to do, by yourself if you didn't. Well, one stranger walked in a few days ago and was aghast at what they saw and promptly reported Brenda for violating the "social distancing order". She now has 4 booths, 3 table and places for 4 at the counter open, meanwhile, the huge corporate-owned bars near the universities and in some high-end areas are still packed with folks drinking and eating elbow to elbow.

Oh yeah, now that they can't find seats, some folks have to crowd near the door of Brenda's, waiting for a seat to open up, plus some folks are sitting at tables and booths with others when they'd normally sit alone. It just doesn't make sense to me, but I don't make the rules and I don't enforce them either. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 09-13-2020, 01:05 PM