The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Prayers for Mrs. Day, Don, and their family.

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy and 55 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to hit the mid 70s. Winds predicted to be above 35 mph today. May be the last time I see that until spring. Temperatures drop tomorrow to the low 50s for the foreseeable future (aka the extended forecast).

Got rid of the yard waste, got the car washed, and went to Walmart. No Corona (not the virus) in stock so I just left again. Nothing I desperately needed. Herded another batch of leaves to the driveway and mulched them into submission. Generate two big green lawn bags of leaves to be hauled away tomorrow.

After lunch I went for a walk. As I got to the town square some guy in probably his mid30s to early 40s started chatting with me and asked if he could walk with me. I said "Sure, if you pick up the pace!" As we walked around the square he kept trying to get my name. I wasn't sure if he was just friendly, was trying to get another customer (he said he was a financial planner), or what. 5 minutes with him was enough. Fortunately we got around the square in that time and I took off in another direction.

Not much planned for today. Probably a walk later but no bike ride (see above about wind speed).

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 10-14-2020, 07:00 AM