doctorwayne's sorta one-foot challenge...
(04-18-2020, 09:24 AM)UP SD40-2 Wrote: ...Couldn't help but noticing the refurbishing going on with the steamer too Big Grin

That one belongs to a friend, Deano.  I'm supposed to be adding a decoder and battery pack to it, as, for some strange reason, my friend wants to try "dead-rail" operations.  It's somewhat puzzling to me, as he's very anti-DCC, and not too fond of quite a bit of modern technology, including television, computers, etc., etc.  
I think I've at least got him listening to some stuff I can do, as when he was talking to me on the 'phone about this dead rail business, he was going to see a somewhat local modeller who provides the equipment, and gets it from another person in New Jersey.  While we we talking, I looked-up the guy in Joisey, and mentioned his name. 
He was somewhat taken aback when I mentioned the name, and then asked him why he didn't call that guy instead of going through the local middleman:  "Well, I don't have a 'phone number for him."  I quickly responded with the guy's number, and then, knowing my friend, also said, "Here's his address, because I know that you're likely going to call him and order the equipment, and then send him a money order to pay for it.  He was astounded, to say the least, that I could provide that information.

In addition to that locomotive, I have a brass one which I've repaired for him, too, but both will need painting and I've decided to do some of my own stuff for a change, just to get a bit caught-up on a lot of layout work that needed to be done.  I'll get to his eventually, but am involved in the Challenge and some other projects.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's sorta one-foot challenge... - by doctorwayne - 04-18-2020, 07:48 PM