Its been a while
Hello,

I am in a strange situation with my kids almost heading out to university and yet not quite. I have risk assessed the likely candidates bedroom to use and it happens to be the one who will be heading out soonest, go figure.

I have been given lots of time recently to pick up a love for model railroading after the last portable 5x4ft railroad the kids and I built. So after making my collection more focused and thinning the herd I decided, with support, on a shelf layout. The condition was that it complimented, not invade the room. 

I looked at what I could with a 12 inch wide layout around 3 walls and surprisingly its quite a bit. Rather than fill it will industries and all my rolling stock I want to go the other way and fill it with golden harvest wheat fields, maybe an elevator and maybe a farm and of course the ever popular rural grade crossing and dirt road.

I am using 1x3 inch pine lumber, nice and light with metal brackets which will hopefully be substantially covered by 3mm hardboard fascia. The surface will be my old friend pink board as I have not really found anything to beat its ease to use and its ability to give elevation. 

This will be a DC layout so I am looking for any handheld suggestions.

This layout sits in front my desk and is an extension of my thoughts as I keep on running, nominally a CNR entity.

Thanks

Sean

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Its been a while - by Wheeltapper - 05-28-2020, 08:25 PM
RE: Its been a while - by doctorwayne - 05-28-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: Its been a while - by Wheeltapper - 05-29-2020, 02:46 AM
RE: Its been a while - by Tyson Rayles - 05-29-2020, 05:52 AM
RE: Its been a while - by Wheeltapper - 05-29-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: Its been a while - by UP SD40-2 - 05-29-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: Its been a while - by Wheeltapper - 05-29-2020, 04:33 PM
RE: Its been a while - by Wheeltapper - 05-30-2020, 04:10 PM