The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

39 with lots of sun in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Supposed to get to the low 60s and the winds should be fairly light. Could be a decent day.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. I did get in a 5 mile bike ride. With the intermittent nature of decent riding weather at this time of year it's difficult to ride consistently so I have to take it fairly easy. I did go see the movie yesterday. It was billed as an action/comedy and there were a few chuckles but mostly it was explosions and gunfire. Today is a gym day with swimming and resistance work.

The city has blocked off part of my street for some repair work. It's entertaining as I sit on the porch to see how many people think the "Street Closed" sign doesn't apply to them.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning everyone, temps right now are still in the 90's, a good 10 degrees above normal. By tomorrow they're suppose to be around 10 degrees below normal. Not sure what's going on, a very low chance of rain, but the TV lady said something about a couple of storms passing by.

Gas is dropping a bit, a few stations nearby now just $0.09 under $4.00, others now down to $4.19. Soon we will change to the "summer blend" and zowie....another reason to raise prices again.

Enjoy the day wherever you are and whatever you are doing...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

The first rain of the weekend is underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 70% to 100% of rain through Sunday night with the NWS predicting 3-4 inches total before it's all over. 45 now going to near 60 with 40 mph winds so no walking or riding bikes today.

I had a fairly productive day yesterday. I cut up some branches for the fire pit and got them stored. Ran the string trimmer inside the west loop of the Backyard and Southern where I can't get the mower and also ran the edger around the sidewalks and driveway to reclaim all my sidewalks after the winter tried to take over. Then I got cleaned up and went to the library for a presentation about the new nature center being built along the river. After that I got the lawn mowed and ran the blower to clean up the sidewalks. After cleaning up again I went to my weekly beer and bereavement.

Not much planned for today. Tomorrow is another full day of soccer for the great-grandkids followed by watching the Nebraska spring game.

Gas was down to $3.09 when I was about and about yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
4/26
Hello Blue
Sun and 60s for the day. the 70s are looming for the weekend.
Not much from me but the oldest son came over yesterday and prepped the gardens for mom. She does the flowers. It's too early for planting, as one never knows when it might frost overnight. Large crowds in downtown Detroit for the NFL draft thing, in fact it got so crowded they stopped letting people in. I wonder where they all Peed.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning.

We had a cool 39° this morning but it is to go to 70 so I may get to mow.  A possible trip to Youngstown today and some odd jobs if time allows. 

I may get a chance to paint the gold on the S-! I am modeling for the KJR. I am going to model the whole tourist train. I have the cars, all I need is time and ambition. 

Don, weren't you going to start a new Hobo thread a couple years ago Wink 

Charlie
Good morning everyone, and here we are at yet another weekend, the last one in April. Just a few days away from memorial day and maybe a week or two from Christmas. Well, it seems to go that fast for us old folk....

Charlie, you are right, I was waiting until we hit a big number, so I guess 4,800 is a good place to stop. I will lock this thread today and start a new thread which will be our 10th in the series of Hobo Camps...

Beyond that, nothing exciting going on around here. Gas is down again, lots of stations now at $3.99, others around $4.19. Still not what it was six months ago, but we'll take what we can get. I can't wait to see when the price of eggs go to where they start selling them one at a time. I remember a few years ago I wanted to buy some celery at a decent price and when I got to the register it was a lot more than the sign. Turns out they were selling it by the stalk since a whole celery was way too expensive.

Take care everybody, have a great and joyous weekend and stay safe doing it..
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
This thread is now closed, a whole lot of stuff here, but it's time to start a new thread, so please go to:

New hobo thread

Thanks
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and