HO Scale Lifeboats (and some larger vessels, too)
Thank you Ralph for your kind words.
Sumpter 250, alas there will not be new improved "Bear method of making Tarps" to astound the model railroading fraternity . Icon_lol You are correct, I borrowed some of my wifes kitchen aluminium  foil, and sprayed it with a rattle can of green I happened to have on hand. I would have preferred a darker green, though to be fair, I suspect to have been prototypical I should have gone for the plain canvas "cream", however I wanted a contrast between the hull and the tarp. Besides for, me, that the joy of free lancing. I had considered the tissue method which you have used so effectively for your furled sails, and have also seen it used on covering a friends flat car load, but I could envisage lots of undesirable language and a huge pile of failed attempts  Wallbang The lifeboats will be going on to a free lanced Detroit River Car Ferry based on the "Windsor". I started on the lifeboats cos I think I may need saving at some point. Wink
An example of silliness, is there a psychiatrist in the house???

I am currently scratch building the docking apron, will post photos at the appropriate time.
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."

Messages In This Thread