Speaking of Passenger Service
My Arrow IIIs in action. I'm looking forward to getting the rest of my MU cars running. one day, I hope to have all my cars powered individually, though for now they seem to be able to haul a few "trailers" that are unpowered.

I recently acquired a few extra Silverliner IVs as well, including one with Reading Style cow catchers (though already painted in the 1980s SEPTA "Block" logo). I'm hoping that in the future, some of the New Haven Division M2s Cosmopolitans will become available (the only maker has discontinued them), as well as maybe more Silverliner Is and IIs.

Powering these things is going to be a pain, especially since the purpose-built drives for these GE cars (Arrow II, Arrow III, and Silverliner IV) are no longer available. I'm hoping NWSL will be able to make a drive that can handle my needs soon.

[Image: PA051332.jpg]

[Image: PA051323.jpg]

My Arrow IIs have been painted. Unfortunately, the Alclad paint is difficult to work with. No matter how clean I keep my models, I always seem to get this weird "whitish" color, which seems to be some small layer of gunk in the flutes of the Arrow. They aren't obvious here, but they show up at certain angles in the light. VERY frustrating.

They aren't pictured, but I have a Married pair of Arrow IIIs completed as well. The only shame is that the one powered Arrow III single is not strong enough to haul 3 cars behind it, though it might be able to do the two car married pair.

[Image: PA051318.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread