Non-Railroad Photos
Of course, it would have to be research photos for my "other hobby".
A Two masted Whaling Schooner, careened over on her port side for some hull plank replacement on her Starboard side. This was a fairly common practice, as dry-docks were not that readily available in those days. Lines were rigged to the mast tops, and the vessels were "hauled down", floating on their sides until the repairs were finished. Some larger ships were "overhauled" in the same way.

I've never thought about this before but......the thought just struck me......" hauled down"/ "hauled over", for below waterline repairs to the hull....... Did the term "overhaul' come from this particular practice ?
Ships today, are brought into dry-dock, for......... "Shipyard Overhaul" Wink :?: Wink

M a y b e ........ I need to build another module set, with this scene as its "centerpiece". Icon_twisted Wink Wink Goldth Icon_lol 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread