Stein's Minneapolis Warehouse district 1957 (HO)
A little update on my layout, just to show I haven't fallen off the face of the planet, even though things have been moving slowly lately:

I've been mucking around with two things lately:

Urban canyon scene to the right of the entrance.

I've tried various buildings to create the look I want on the right side of this scene - right inside the door.

I will make the wall with the big red panel that sticks out from the right side a little narrower, so there is a little more room for the RR, and make it one story higher. Ignore the white thing sticking up at the right rear - just a piece of styrene that hasn't been cut off yet from a wall piece I plan to reuse.

Now:
[Image: DSCN5026.jpg]

Before:
[Image: DSCN4929.jpg]

Harbor scene to the left of the door.

I decided to cut down on the amount of water/dockside, and add a warehouse to the harbor scene, moving over what used to be Williams Hardware from the milling district to the right of the door.

Changed the way the second (closes to the main) dockside track branches off from the siding, to make both tracks longer, and to make it possible to spot cars at the dockside warehouse without blocking access to the second track.

Also decided to axe the warehouse track I had planned along the lower wall, and instead try to squeeze in a couple of hidden staging tracks along this wall:

Track plan now:
[Image: warehouse44.jpg]

Picture now:
[Image: DSCN5023.jpg]

Track plan before:
[Image: warehouse42.jpg]

Picture before:
[Image: DSCN4841-1.jpg]

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread