doctorwayne's sorta one-foot challenge...
I've made some progress on the freight house at Mount Forest, re-installing the windows on the top floor, then adding a floor for that storey, and progressing down, a floor-at-a-time, adding windows and floors. 
It's definitely made the structure stronger and less likely to flex - especially important as I work on it.
I also opened (cut-out) some of the freight doors and was going to add a few interior details, but with its location near the back of the upper level of the layout, and behind the coaling tower, I doubt that such details would be noticeable.

While the two photos below show it almost finished (there were a couple of handrails missing on each end of the building, so I used some styrene rod to re-build them - they still need a coat of paint).... 

[Image: FREIGHT%20HOUSE%20AT%20MOUNT%20FOREST%20-%201.jpg]

[Image: FREIGHT%20HOUSE%20AT%20MOUNT%20FOREST%20-%202.jpg]

...it occurred to me that a building like this should have elevators - not necessarily working models of them or even static representations, but at least the head-houses for elevators on the roof.  I wonder why Walthers never included
such details?   The stock kit would have required only two, but my version, built with both long walls facing the viewer, should probably have four.  I can't imagine that the LPEs (Little Plastic Employees) would be carrying freight for temporary storage up three flights of stairs, then carrying it back down when it was time to ship it out.

I'm taking the structure off of the layout to paint those handrails, and will see if I can add head-houses for the not-modelled elevators.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's sorta one-foot challenge... - by doctorwayne - 05-05-2020, 12:58 PM