Cargill Grain Elevator, 46 Silos Long!
Trucklover Wrote:Hi guys, i just spent the day building this structure for a member on another forum, Scale Rails Online. His name is Dustin and he asked me to build a HUGE grain elevator for him. So he sent me the kits (3 Walthers N Scale ADM Grain Elevators) and i spent today building this HUGE structure.

The main Structure measures about 2-3/4" long x 3-1/4" wide (4-3/4" long x 3-1/4" wide with the large hopper car shed), and the silo structure measures about 29-1/2" long x 2-3/4" wide. All together it measures about 34-1/4" long x 3-1/4" wide. The Silo structure has 2 rows of 23 silos, making a total of 46 silos!

Holy Cow - for some reason I am reminded of a classic movie scene, where actor Paul Hogan says "That's not a knife, this is a knife" and then pulls out a huge bush knife in the old movie Crocodile Dundee.

What we have here is indeed a most respectable elevator. Almost makes me think I should have gone for N scale, so I could have considered something like this on my layout - but two rows of 12 H0 silos is about the most I can sensibly fit onto my own layout.

Still - it is a sight that will gladden the heart of any grain train affectionado. Great work, Josh!

Grin,
Stein

Messages In This Thread