Christmas anyone ?
I've always wondered about scaleing Time. In theory it would make speeds out of scale. But then of course I've just Quashed my own theory by remembering the Distance = Speed x Time, so if you scale the distance, you must have to scale the Time by the same amount for speeds to stay constant. So 5 months would be about 40 hours in HO gauge time.
The problem is not scaling time, you just have a clock that counts 87x faster than a normal clock (Hence "Fast Clock"), obviously thats for HO, If you were doing the same for N, it would count 160x fater than a normal clock (or 150x, or 144x depending on which standard of N you use). The problem comes with the fact that Gravity cannot be scaled, so when you shunt, if say you use gravity shunting (sidings sloping down to the buffers), then it will not be in scale as the train wouldn't accellerate as fast.

OF course I may be whittering nonsense, but that is how I've understood the scale aspects of time.
Tom (TC) - Creator of Extremely Miniature Layouts on Disks! See Them All, and More on My Website. Latest Update: Jan '10.
[Image: 200549bd0989263ef.png]

Messages In This Thread