Industries -A Open Discussion.
doctorwayne Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:......Since the ore from the mine comes by aerial tramway, that portion of rail traffic is unnecessary.

Is the end destination of the tramway going to be modelled? If so, would it give you an opportunity to shipped the processed ore from there, by train, on to the next step in the operation?

Wayne

Yes...and no. (Personally, I hate that response, but it's hard to find a place to use it!)

Yes, because the ore, actually in a quasi-refined state, goes into a final processing plant. This is my visual shortcut/expansion to clearly give the impression of a another large industry just out of sight, and to bring another large element into the existing layout. It also gives me an excuse to model an aerial tramway. Big Grin

No, because the ore itself becomes an element i n the final product, which is what gets shipped out. It's a little bit like a paper plant might be, I guess - logs coming down into a factory which finally ships out paper products. The inter-factory moving will be done by means of small specialized cars moving on a system of narrow trackage with small turntables for switching around, just like those was used in the stone quarry in Marble, Colorado, and by an overhead crane system for the heavy lifting.

[Image: marblefinishingmill01.jpg]

The track for the handcarts is visible on the floor to the lower left.

Messages In This Thread