WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
doctorwayne Wrote:Are you planning on doing your own bricklaying, too?

I'll be hiring someone to do that. I can get away with some sloppy work in the hidden recesses of the building, but not the brickwork! That's gotta be done right!

doctorwayne Wrote:Actually, where I live now it doesn't really get that cold - perhaps -5F or -10F,

Wait. -5F is way WAY below "doesn't really get that cold" !! Confusedhock: It hasn't ever been that cold in Houston in all of recorded history!

doctorwayne Wrote:it's sometimes called the banana belt of southern Ontario. Icon_lol It actually costs as much to cool the house in summer as it does to heat it in winter - I'm not a fan of natural gas, so both heating and cooling are electric

Are you serious? I'm all electric also. My average monthly bill is around $250 for an 1800 sq ft house.

doctorwayne Wrote:The main problem with winter here is not that it's so cold (it's not, although I don't particularly like that) or that we get so much snow (we don't, although I don't mind it - mainly 'cause I don't hafta go out in it), but that it goes on for so darn long, usually being dark and dreary from the start of November to the end of April.

That's alot of dark and dreary! Down here, we have 7 months of summer, 2 months of fall, 1 month of winter, 2 months of spring.

doctorwayne Wrote:Sometimes I'll go for weeks without seeing the sun and... No! Wait!! That's because I'm in the basement with my trains. Misngth Goldth Misngth Goldth

I've heard others from up north who said they do their modeling in the winter because they can't do much outside anyway. Then when the weather finally turns good, the modeling is replaced by outdoor activities until the cold sets in again.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread