WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Gary S Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:it's sometimes called the banana belt of southern Ontario. Icon_lol It actually costs as much to cool the house in summer as it does to heat it in winter - I'm not a fan of natural gas, so both heating and cooling are electric

Are you serious? I'm all electric also. My average monthly bill is around $250 for an 1800 sq ft house.

I'd guess around $200 a month for about 2400 sq. ft. That doesn't include the basement as it's a fairly constant temperature throughout the year, although I'll put on the heat in my workshop if it gets too cool.

Gary S Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:Sometimes I'll go for weeks without seeing the sun and... No! Wait!! That's because I'm in the basement with my trains. Misngth Goldth Misngth Goldth

I've heard others from up north who said they do their modeling in the winter because they can't do much outside anyway. Then when the weather finally turns good, the modeling is replaced by outdoor activities until the cold sets in again.

My wife usually finds more projects for me to do in the summer, although if I'm involved with a modelling project, I try to not let the nice weather get in the way. Wink Misngth I hope to do some more travelling next summer, so I hope that you'll have some trains running soon - you never know when someone might want to drop by for a visit. Wink

Wayne

Messages In This Thread