WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Yeah, none of it is too pleasant to handle, but by using 8-footers, and installing them vertically, you'll get more-invisible joints than you would by using 12' or 16' sheets installed horizontally, with butt joints between the ends. A little more taping, but well-worth it, in my opinion.

When I built my house, we hired someone to do it. The guy insisted on doing all the taping and mudding himself, but he had a couple of guys who did most of the boarding. One of them, the youngest at, I'd guess, around 20 and maybe 150lbs. soaking wet, was the "step 'n' fetchit" guy. The delivery guy put a lift of 12-footers up to the middle upstairs window (the only one high enough to allow the boards to pass through), and the kid slid two at a time off the forks (that's four sheets) Eek and literally ran to the next room. He unloaded and carted all of the sheets for the upstairs in this manner, stopping only when the truck driver had to reload the lift. It gave me a sore back just watching him. I'm sure that he did the same for the ground floor, too.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread