WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
I just want to thank everyone for their interest in this project. The discussions we have had have been productive, giving me food for thought. For example, I am really glad we had the nail versus screws discussion because I found out that the little sheetrock screws I used with the ceiling joist hangers needed to be replaced by deck screws.

Another thing.... being honest... we all like to show off, and you guys here at The Gauge actually help motivate me to make progress. Sometimes it would have been real easy to pack it in for the day and sit around the house watching TV, but I had to get something done so I could post the pics here!

As for the sheetrock, if I went with 12 foot rock on the horizontal, I would only have 2 joints on the backdrop portion of the wall on each of the long sides of the building... something to think about. The thing that draws me to doing the 8 footers on vertical is that the smaller rock will be easier to handle, and I feel confident that I can hide the joints at the tapers.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread