WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Made decent progress on the building this weekend. Originally I had planned on finishing the soffits, but it was just too muddy after the heavy rain we had Friday. So, I switched from carpenter mode to electrician mode....

Now, I know this is cRaZy but I went ahead and used thinwall conduit throughout the building. No romex whatsoever.

First photo is the attic area under the vent fan. Some of you suggested a light and switch and receptacle in the attic. The 4/0 box up high on the left is for the attic light. The box down low will have a switch and a receptacle. And there is a pipe going to the vent fan t-stat.

I took DocWayne's advice and am putting a switched outlet to power the DCC system and my power supply for the uncoupling magnets. The switch is by the door. The box with the single pipe coming in the top will have two switched receptacles in it. The other box with the three pipes is for my track bus wiring. Because the room is large, I am putting the DCC system in the middle on the peninsula, and will then run overhead through the attic to three outside walls. This results in a much shorter distance for the bus wiring. I'll have four seperate zones... north wall, east wall, south wall, and peninsula/west wall. I'm going to use #8 for the bus runs, because it is readily available and will surely be low resistance for my longer runs.

Here is the east wall. The low box is for a receptacle, the high box is the track bus mentioned in previous photo.

Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread