WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Hey Gary. Yes buildings seem very different from one place to another .A few years ago I did a coarse on what they called here a R 2000 home .I dont think it was built as good as it could have been .To airtight and they always smelled musty .In those you a continuus vapour barrier from the foundation to the roof.The walls were built useing 2x6 and r 20 insulation.The attic went from an r12 to now a r32 which is also minimum code now .It had some good ideas but were a pain for builders.Once the building was finished the HVAC system also had to include an air to air exchanger because they were so air tight.I enjoy watching what others do .I feel sometimes if I comment on a post im sticking my nose where it dont belong.Therefore I keep to myself alot.I will look for some pics of my old layout as it is gone now .It seems that life,an unhappy marrige and slow to no work all caught up with eachother at the same time .Wow ,what a bang that was.Thanks for the welcome to the board and Im glad I chose this post to jump in on and get my feet wet .My love of trains came from my father who himself was an engineer.He worked for Westinghouse in Hamilton here running an old porter fireless cooker .He loved that old girl aways keeping her going one way or another .I only saw it a couple of times as I was very young at the time 4 or 5 maybe.After it was retired it sat on a siding of the TH&B railway up until it was towed down for scrap .From there he was transfered to another plant in town and on to the 50 tonner they had .I think I was about 3 when he bought me my first train set .An old mark tinplate set that ran in a small oval after you wound it with a key.I still have it here .the only thing missing is the key .It is in good shape for a set almost 45 years old.I now live in an apartment and have built a small switching layout .My other layout was in a room of 12x16 with only a 3 foot path to the back door.On the days I ran it I had a drop in for the back door .My dogs didnt like it cause they were stuck outside for awhile.As I say I will find some photos and post them . Just alittle about me .Thanks again .MartyG.

Messages In This Thread