WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
faraway Wrote:Greetings from snowy Germany

I've lived in Houston my entire life (almost 50 years) and can recall having snow on the ground maybe 6 times. We may get a snowfall about every other year, but the ground is generally too warm for it to build up. It generally just melts as soon as it ends its downward journey. A few years ago, on christmas day, we woke up to 6" of snow on the ground, the most ever. It was a very nice treat and something to remember. But I'm sure that month after month of snow would get old in a hurry!

faraway Wrote:ps. My wife and me have been several times in the Houston area over Xmas and had great new year parties at the Hilton in Corpus Christi. A ballroom full of Texans and two Germans is a great experience. It was great to walk at the beach at north padre island on the morning of the 1/1 Thumbsup

Winter is the best time to collect shells on the beach. Even though Texas doesn't have the most beautiful beaches, it is a nice trip every once in a while. North Padre has coarse brown sand which tends to muddy up the surf, but further south at South Padre, the sand is finer and whitish, making for a more attractive beach.

So what is your connection to Texas?
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread