WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Fluesheet Wrote:
Gary S Wrote:Russ, several years ago a friend of mine got transferred from Houston to California. His home here in Houston was a really nice 2500 square foot house in an upscale neighborhood. He sold it for $350,000. When he went to California to buy a new house, he found out that his $350,000 didn't go very far. The difference in housing costs from Texas to California surprises me. We really do have a very low cost of living.

Similar story - my company's headquarters are in SF, CA. I've spoken to several folks about housing costs, and even with the premium paid for folks working there, I can't figure out how many afford it. I've decided that they just have to learn to be comfortable with a MUCH higher debt load than I.

The building is fascinating Gary. Though you make me feel slow and unproductive... Icon_lol

The cost for property in much of the S. F. Bay area make So Cal look cheap by comparison! A house in So Cal costing 500k will cost $1 million in San Fran. area, even more in the city itself!

Messages In This Thread