WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Thanks for all the great advice. As I think about it (and because I love going barefoot), carpet may be a good idea. It would be awhile before it was installed - need to get all the benchwork and major construction done, need to cut/shape the foam, all that messy stuff before the carpet went down. The interlocking foam mats sound like another good option.

As for progress on the room. I finally fixed all the bad spots in the wall/backdrop. There was one place at the coved corner/wall junction that just couldn't be fixed. Wallbang
I would fill it with mud, let it dry, sand it, and it still wasn't right. Finally figured out that the masonite board was not firmly screwed to the wall in that location, and it was flexing when I sanded the area. It would mash down as I sanded over it, then would spring back, leaving an uneven spot. So I put a couple screws in it to hold it down, remudded the area, used a hair dryer to enhance the drying time, mudded it again, dryed it, mudded one last time, then sanded it, and it is fixed.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread