WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
I compiled a list of all the track, turnouts, cork, DCC panels and such that I will be needing, which was quite a hefty list indeed. I had previously discussed with the guys at the local LHS about needing a ton of stuff for the new layout, and they said to let them know and they'd work with me. So, instead of running to the cheapest online train outlet internet discout store, I stopped by the LHS today and they fixed me up! Some impressive bulk discounts! And I feel great that I am helping out the local brick and mortar store.

Ya know, those of us who do have a LHS, whenever you need alot of stuff, just tactifully discuss the need with the owner to let them know you prefer dealing with them instead of online, and see if they can give some discounts. Alot of the stuff the LHS discounted for me was as cheap as I could get it online, and some of it was just a little more than if I had searched for the best proce on the net. But no shipping charges! I feel great, I hope the LHS feels great, and I had a good time talking with the guys. One of the employee's had his first real ops session on his layout last night, and he was really happy and talked to me about how it went. Try doing that at an internet store!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread