Bourbon Whiskey Distillery
Ken;

The terrain at the end of the distillery building simply sloped off to meet the very small spring and dirt road that the trestle crossed. There was just enough clearance above that dirt road for a pick up truck. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in my earlier posts. You can see the dirt road in the photo on page 1 of this thread, but the tiny spring is not visible.

I don't have the exact dates when the F&C first began acquiring their S-2's and S-4, but would have been about 1971-1972. I'll have to do some checking to see if I can get you more exact dates if you need them. The photo (http://www.railpixs.com/misc2/misc2.html) is of ALCo S-4 No. 107, taken outside the shop. The concrete building you see behind it is the F&C's sand house and you can also see the front of the L&N local crews GP-40 behind it. Photo must have been taken in the afternoon just before we went to work that day.

I'm about to (finally!!) start working on my HO layout. IF I can make up my mind on the final plan. I'm submitting it for thoughts/suggestions in the Layouts section this morning. Haven't decided if I'm going to include a distillery on it or not, but there is a location for one on the plan.

Ed
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread