Stein's Minneapolis Warehouse district 1957 (HO)
Not that much done on the layout recently.

Lots of things to do at work, lots of things to do when getting the yard and the neighborhood straightened out for constitution day on May 17th, and my oldest son and my wife has been at school camp for this last week. The school camp was at a former coastal fortress site on an island in the Oslo fjord.

Might be a cool thing to model for someone interested in military models , btw - here is my oldest son standing on a coastal defense gun camoflaged as a boulder:

[Image: DSCN6579.jpg]

I have also worked a little on a MR diorama for the kids - they suddenly got interested in helping to build stuff, so I decided this was a good time to introduce them to various techniques. Current status of the diorama:

[Image: DSCN6532.jpg]

Also, I was playing a little with the digital camera to try to make some short movie clips showing trains moving on my layout. Quality is so-so, will try with the newer camera when I find it.

A GE 44-tonner with a single tank car holds on the spur up from the yard while a freight train passes:
[Image: th_DSCN6725.jpg]

A local pulled by a GE 70-ton switcher holds on the main while a transfer run pulls into the River Avenue yard:
[Image: th_DSCN6724.jpg]

A railfan filmed this scene from the River Avenue overpass, as the Warehouse job holds on the main (left) while a freight train from the north snakes past it to head in the direction of the River Avenue yard:
[Image: th_DSCN6726.jpg]

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread