Odd Bridge 1:87 scale
P5se Camelback Wrote:I can appreciate your affinity for the sea. I learned to sail in a Duster and a Moth when I was about six or seven on the largest lake in Northeast Pennsylvania, and sailed into New York Harbor on July 4, 1976 on a 140' Barkentine named "Enchantress," out of Port Jefferson Harbor on Long Island's North Shore.
Your model work is superb! Cheers Your planning process is not unlike that of an artist or a set designer, visualizing a scene, then creating and refining it. It is all very impressive.
I will have to work my hardest in this new Summer Structure Challenge to try to earn the priviledge to be in the same Cyber Room as some of you guys!

OK, first, I'm really not worthy of all the praise. I've been at this for over fifty years, and I still have a lot to, learn.
Second, consider yourself "priviledged", you are most welcome here.
Third, :oops: not Barkentine, Brigantine.     .

I grew up about thirtyfive miles SSW of Port Jeff, on the south shore. Copiague. I learned to sail in a canoe, with a juryrigged sail and mast ( if you can do the hardest of things, the rest is easy ) The largest sail I've ever taken the helm of, was on a Bright afternoon in Penobscot Bay, Me., in the 68' coastal schooner Stephen Taber. They had to pry my fingers off the wheel ! Big Grin Big Grin My favorite sailboat, was my parents' 27' Irwin Sloop, in, and around Noyac Bay, on the East end.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread