WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Quote:I am going to have some difficulty hiding the street/backdrop joint. But, because the layout is 58 inches off the floor, it won't be quite so difficult. Because of the limited low angle view, it may be possible to "perspective paint" the continuation of the road on the backdrop. The actual painted road wouldn't be but maybe 1/2" up on the backdrop. Along with some painted trees and other stuff, it may work. If I can't accomplish that, I'll just hope that the rest of the layout will distract from the shortcomings.

I'm already thinking about these scenarios on my layout, even though no track has been laid yet. There's one scene already I know I'll either be using a photo or painting from a photo, but this is a creek, not a street. Fortunately it's hemmed in by a hillside on on bank, but a field on the other...so I'm not sure how it'll be blended in. But the height of the layout will make all the difference, I hope, in pulling off the illusion of traveling into the distance. I'm always impressed when that is pulled off effectively.

Good thoughts on tracks parallel to buildings & streets, therefore looking 'right' when aligned parallel to the edge.

I bet the rest of the layout will more than 'distract from the shortcomings', if your previous modeling is anything to go by!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread