WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Russ, Andrew, thank you both for the suggestions. Everyone has been real helpful with the comments and suggestions lately! Smile

Because of the height of the shelves, for the most part, the backdrop will just be sky... the buildings will be in front of alot of the layout/backdrop junction, and I'll disguise as much as I can with trees and fences and such. I may be painting some trees and distnat buildings, but these won't be elaborate, because I figure they will be less than 2" tall above the shelving.

The main areas on the backdrop that have me wondering what to do are at the road-backdrop intersections and at the creek/bayou-backdrop intersections. Especially the bayous and creeks.... this is where the shelving dips down significantly and I'll have to do something at those spots. I'm thinking to help disguise the low areas with trees or perhaps a highway bridge crossing near the backdrop, maybe even a pipeline crossing?

Still, the suggestions of using photos are great, or possibly using photos as a guide to painting. Some of the bridges/bayous I am modeling are from the prototypes near here. Perhaps it would be worth a try to take photos looking down the bayou at a low angle and then using that as an inspiration for painting.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread