WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Some progress the last couple of days.

First, got the CP mounted on the wall and connected to the layout. With four districts of uncoupler wiring and track wiring and loconet, the conduit sure helps make a neat job. the j-box with 3 pipes connects to piping in the wall which goes up into the ceiling, across the attic, and then down to the east wall, the south wall, and the north wall. The other j-box is the 120 volt power. The conduits on the left and right are track power and uncoupler wiring for the middle wall. The conduit in the middle is for the loconet wiring.

The conduit extended from the control panel -

Working on the conduit around the rest of the layout. Still have a ways to go on that. It isn't too hard and I'm having fun, and it'll be a breeze to just pull the wire in, make some connections in the j-boxes, and not have to worry about staples or whatever to hold the wiring up. I can't help but think this is way over the top for a model railroad, but as I have said several times, the wiring and technical stuff really interest me.

Planning on spending all weekend in the train room working on wiring. I want to have it all complete so it is a simple matter of connecting the track feeders and uncoupler magnets and controls, and the UP5 panels.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread