WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Gary! I never cease to be amazed! Your thoroughness is to be applauded. Thumbsup Big Grin

As for bayou/canal/backdrop intersections ... you've got to have at least one location where pipes emerge from the ground, go up, over and back down into the ground! And that is PIPES (plural) because, if your area is anything like Southern Florida, where a plethora of pipes emerge from the ground, rise to two to four feet above the ground and cross any body of water you want to look at ... not to mention where they emerge (in all their colorful splendor) for above-ground access to their valving, you would be well-served to have them any place there is water to cross.

You have inspired me to rise up off my skinny behind and go outside into the heat [105 F heat index today] and gather photographic evidence of which I speak. I shall either edit this post or post another with Faux-Toes to illustrate the way "underground pipes" are handled when the water table is only four or five feet down.

Now ... You may have addressed this point earlier, but I've forgotten ... as an "in the know" electrician, what gauge wire are you using for power bus, for drops from rails, for electro-magnets, for turnout control (if electrical) ... O.K., how 'bout just a schedule of wire gauges used? I am electrically challenged Confusedhock: and will need some adult hand-holding when I get to the dreaded wiring stage of layout building! :?

Well, it's looking like a beautiful, bright sunny day outside (you can't see heat and humidity ... the pleasantness will evaporate as one passes through the front door) so i'll gather up my little digital camera and take a short drive and photograph some "pipe crossings." Big Grin
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread