WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Gary S. said ...
"... Soldered and insulated with tape. An old electrician's trick is to put the first wrap on backwards, sticky side out. That way, if it is ever necessary to remove the tape, just make a parallel cut into the tape and it will come right off, without leaving a gunky sticky mess on the wire."

Gotta love it, Gary ... those are the type of "tricks" that stay with you and make things easier from the first time you use it! Like ...

Old Architect's trick ... "Roll the pencil between your fingers when drawing a line against a straight edge to keep the 'weight' of the line consistant over its length. You'll keep a point on your drafting pencil a lot longer, too!" Icon_idea

That works every time it's tried! Consistant line weight helps the drawing "read" well. I've been doing that ever since this old architect in his early seventies was visiting the office where I was working for one of my college instructors over the summer between sophomore and junior years in art school. He walked up behind me at my board and watched me work for five or ten minutes, and then offered me that one simple tip. It made all the difference in the world in the professional appearance of the linework on my drawings and it has become second nature at this point. Thumbsup

Thanks for the tip, Gary ... I'll make good use of it! Cheers
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread