Athearn boat...variations on a theme
Sumpter250 Wrote:The Macallan, 12 years old, single malt Scotch whiskey, would be the preferred offering. Big Grin Big Grin

???? The Athearn boat is a BB ( Blue Box ) kit. # 1375, boat, 4 to box. At the time I bought them, in the last century, they were $4.00. I have seen them packaged singly in polybags, for quite a bit more than four bucks each.

I should have known you were a single malt guy ... O.K., Macallan it is ... and Bushmills for me, then. I'll save the Yeungling Porter for a chase somewhere along the line!

... and I'll keep an eye out for those Blue Box Boats!

[When I lived in the Philadelphia area I had a friend who was a Presbyterian clergyman (who was into N scale.) He went to Seminary in Scotland and came back to the States with a love for Glenfiddich and Glenlivet (sp?), Rugby and playing the bagpipes! He had a little tiny church in Forest Grove, PA, a little tiny village some 40 or 50 miles north of Philly, near New Hope. It was often quite eerie to go visit him after dark as he used to practice the bagpipes at night, sitting on a stone at the very back of the small graveyard next to the church! Confusedhock: 357 ]
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread