WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Interesting points on the "three point" adjustment. I always did that without giving it much thought - after all, the experts said so! I'll give it a try. Thank you Russ.

Now, about that particular car, the new wheelsets I put on solved the problem.

Layout Progress Report: More wiring completed this evening, then I cleaned the track, installed the removable bridge, and got 4 trains rolling around the loop, and sat back and watched. Very very cool! And it is getting me primed to do some scenery - it is still a bit away, but when the time comes, I'll start carving all the ditches and low areas into the foam, and work on the areas where the bridges will be. Then some brown paint on the foam and it will start looking like a layout.

On a DCC note, sometimes it can baffle me. I was playing around the other day with a couple of the CF7s. So tonight, I put them on the track and they take off all by themselves, at around 75 percent throttle. On the utility throttle, I select the loco number for one of them, and nothing. The loco continues at speed. So I try address 03. Still nothing. Same thing with the other CF7. And then I try to gain control with the DT400, but nothing I do gains control of the locos, they just happily circle the track at 75 percent speed. It is my belief that on occasion, random cosmic rays strike the memory and the loco forgets who it is.

This has happened before, no big deal, just reprogram the address and all is well.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread