R.I.P. Model Train Magazine Index
steinjr Wrote:I know that quite a few people have a strong dislike of Kalmbach, and at the drop of a hat are ready to express their distrust of Kalmbach's motives (...)
You of course may choose to think that Neil B is deliberately lying through his teeth, but there seems to be no particular rational reason to make that assumption.
Not that I expect that to convince people who have a pre-existing dislike of Kalmbach :-)
Stein
Certainly did not mean to give anyone the impression that I have a pre-existing dislike of Kalmbach - certainly is not the case - and probably should have phrased things a bit differently. Kalmbach does seem to like to put information on their web site that is only available to subscribers of their publications, so I am guilty of thinking something might be amiss here.

Based on computer programming that I'd done in the past, I found it hard to believe that the data would actually be hard-coded into this program. Seems I was wrong so I apologize if I've offended any one, including Kalmbach.

The main point I was trying to make (and rather poorly at that) was that if there was/is a way to get the program to spit out the data, there are ways to transform it for use in a database program. How much time and work is involved would depend on how much data could be output at a time. For instance, could the program output all listings for a particular publication at one time?

Once again, I apologize if I've upset anyone with my posting. Was not my intention. Nope
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread